FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Am I the right candidate for truSculpt™?
- A consultation will help us identify personalized and specific treatment goals while also determining if the treatment is right for you. The typical patient that benefits most from this procedure, has a BMI of less than 30 and unwanted fat in different areas of the body.
- Who cannot be treated with truSculpt™?
- Patients who cannot be treated with truSculpt™ include those who have cardiac pacemakers, internal defibrillators, tumors and metallic implants (including joint replacements) in the target area. Additionally, patients who are pregnant may not undergo this procedure.
- How many treatments will I need?
- During your consultation, we will discuss the number of treatments you will need based on the area(s) you want to have treated and the desired results. Typically, patients need 1-2 treatments per area with each treatment approximately 4 to 8 weeks apart.
- When will I start seeing visible results?
- TruSculpt delivers RF energy to destroy fat cells in the treatment area. It then uses the body’s natural system to break down and dispose of these cells. This process may take up to 3 months. However, patients will begin to feel/see results within days, and will gradually increase during and possibly beyond the initial 3 month period.
- What do I need to do before a treatment?
- No special preparation is necessary prior to treatment, with the exception of removing any jewelry or body piercings in the area(s) to be treated.
- Can I return to normal activities after treatment?
- Yes, the procedure is non-invasive, so you should be able to return to normal activities, immediately. Typically, there is no downtime after the treatment although some patients may experience mild discomfort for a few hours. In most instances, patients go back to work immediately after their sessions.